facebooklike

Monday, November 8, 2010

The wonders of Flax Seed


Like 65% of women in the united states I've always had a problem with constipation. It is seriously the worst feeling in the world. When something that should happen naturally in our bodies goes wrong, it feels like it screws up our whole system. I've always tried to find something that would work for me. I tried Activia, which worked, but not consistant. I also tried herbal life, which was amazing, but not realistic, no one drinks 2 shakes a day forever. I've always heard about the wonders of flax seed, that not only its great for the heart and cholesterol but also for the digestive system. I was eager to try this considering its all natural and super affordable. It may be tiny, but it’s mighty: The flax seed carries one of the biggest nutrient payloads on the planet. And while it’s not technically a grain, it has a similar vitamin and mineral profile to grains, while the amount of fiber, antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids in flax leaves grains in the dust. Additionally, flax seed is very low in carbohydrates, making it ideal for people who limit their intake of starches and sugars. And its combination of healthy fat and high fiber content make it a great food for weight loss and maintenance -- many dieters have found that flax seed has been a key to keeping them feeling satisfied.Flax seed is high in most of the B vitamins, magnesium, and manganese, but this little seed is just getting started. There are three additional nutrient groups which flax seed has in abundance, and each has many benefits. The combination of fiber and magnesium were the ideal potion I needed to solve my problem in a healthy way. The amazing thing is that in the process I would be benefiting my health in ways I couldn't even imagine.So, i wanted to try this, but not in the form of a pill, because they make me skeptical. They sell it in the form of a oil, but it seemed hard for me to swallow. So i went for the all natural route. I bought a bad of flax seed at Path mark in the natural food section for only $1.99. Yes natural, cheap and effective. I use a bag per month, and I am amazed with the results. I either sprinkle some over my food, or, yogurt, put a hand full in smoothies, or just chew on a few. They taste like tiny sunflower seeds. This natural high fiber seed has completely solved my constipation problem, as well as making me feel more energized. I highly recommend flax seed to anyone who's looking to improve not only their digestive health, but maintain good cholesterol, increase antioxidant intake, and stock up on vitamin B. (-=

No comments: